M a r k e t N e w s

Kenya: Standard Railway Project Set for October

Posted on : Friday , 5th September 2014

 CONSTRUCTION of the multibillion-shilling standard gauge railway is expected to start in October, Infrastructure PS John Kipng'etich has said.

Contractor China Road and Bridge Corporation has started putting up camps at Mariakani, Mtito Andei and Athi River.
The camps will aid the construction of the first phase of the Sh327 billion project covering 609km from Mombasa port to Nairobi.
Speaking when he toured the Mariakani camp yesterday, Kipng'etich said 90 per cent of the financing will come from China Exim Bank while the remaining 10 per cent will be by the Kenya government.
The Mariakani camp comprises a concrete mixing plant, laboratories and staff quarters.
It will host Kenya Railway and government technical team.

Source : allafrica.com
Featured Companies
  • dubaiexporters.com

Complete List  

Advertisers in previous issue:

    Could not connect: